Tuesday, May 28, 2019

A Holiday Weekend

My mom and sister flew to the island to join us in Mobay
for a few days getaway. 
After a rough start (The hotel wouldn't let me check
in, then called the cops on me because I couldn't prove
I was the foster mom of the kids I have. Thankfully
with the help of CPFSA the hotel got the proof they
needed and finally allowed us to check in.)
 because we are early risers our mornings were spent
on the beach... because nothing else was open yet.
 at first Big J wasn't to sure about 
the sand, but as soon as he had
a bucket and shovel he was content
to play as long as he was allowed.
 The ocean was nice and warm, and Big J became
a champion splasher.
 This lady spent most mornings sleeping in the stroller.
 The hotel had a splash pad that 
Big J loved. It was perfect for him
to get used to vacation life.
 These two spent most of their days
in the water.
 This little lady got in the water too if she wasn't 
sleeping.
 The splash pad was a big hit with her too!
On Sat. we hugged Auntie K and Mamaw so they could
fly home, then made the trip over the mountains back
to our house. We then spent the next few days transitioning 
out of vaca mode, and back to reality.
We were so thankful for the time away, but I am equally
thankful to be back home and in a normal routine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment